The Hope Center provides emergency shelter, food and clothing to homeless people but it is much more than just a shelter. The Hope Center is a multi-location, comprehensive social service agency delivering a variety of life-sustaining and life-rebuilding programs to help the homeless get off the street and stay off the street. For more information about the Hope Center or to make a donation, visit https://www.hopectr.org
Second Presbyterian Church:
- provides volunteers for serving dinner on the 3rd and 4th Mondays of every month.
- sponsors one of the dinners for the men during the Hope Center’s 12 Days of Christmas celebration each year (we shop, pay for, cook, and serve the meal).
- provides the food, prepares and serves a meal to the men at least once during the summer.
- provides snacks and drinks and solicits door prizes to be given away while the residents watch a televised UK basketball game every season.
- has for the past two years jointly or fully sponsored the Community Thanksgiving dinner where anyone in the community that wants a Thanksgiving meal can come out and eat.
- has provided the drinks and desserts (with a volunteer staff to distribute them) since 2007 for the Community Christmas party.
- provides funding, shopping, and delivery of coffee for meals, for AA meetings, and for the Detox Unit; coffee is considered a luxury there and Second has provided coffee every month for several years.
Click below for details on the programs Second Presbyterian Church supports through the Hope Center and for specific donations needed.