The Hope Center provides emergency shelter, food and clothing to homeless people but it is much more than just a shelter. The Hope Center is a multi-location, comprehensive social service agency delivering a variety of life-sustaining and life-rebuilding programs to help the homeless get off the street and stay off the street. For more information about the Hope Center or to make a donation, click here to visit their website! Email Trey Kramer (email@example.com) if you’re interested in volunteering through 2Pres.
Second Presbyterian Church:
- provides volunteers for serving dinner on the 3rd and 4th Mondays of every month.
- sponsors one of the dinners for the men during the Hope Center’s 12 Days of Christmas celebration each year (we shop, pay for, cook, and serve the meal).
- provides the food, prepares and serves a meal to the men at least once during the summer.
- provides snacks and drinks and solicits door prizes to be given away while the residents watch a televised UK basketball game every season.
- has for the past two years jointly or fully sponsored the Community Thanksgiving dinner where anyone in the community that wants a Thanksgiving meal can come out and eat.
- has provided the drinks and desserts (with a volunteer staff to distribute them) since 2007 for the Community Christmas party.
- provides funding, shopping, and delivery of coffee for meals, for AA meetings, and for the Detox Unit; coffee is considered a luxury there and Second has provided coffee every month for several years.