- The Present Word Bible Study (Campbell Memorial Room) – Celebrating God. The fall quarter focuses on worship and praise for who God is and what God has done for God’s people. Readings about biblical people who celebrate God as well as expressions and visions of praise. Class time centers on discussion of brief weekly readings.
- The Theology Class (Zoom & In-Person to watch in room 210 – across from the Campbell Room) – Theology Class is for adults interested in reading and discussing books that allow us to examine and challenge our faith. Some of the authors we have read include Marcus Borg, Richard Rohr, John Philip Newell, Paul Prather, and others who examine the theology of prominent theologians, including John Calvin and John Knox. We spend 3-4 months on each book, discussing a chapter or two a week and sharing leadership. To begin the year, we will be discussing If the Church Were Christian: Rediscovering the Values of Jesus by Quaker author, Philip Gulley. This year’s class will continue meeting via Zoom (see below link) from 9:30-10:20 on Sunday mornings. For the convenience of those who need to be at church during our Sunday School session, a Zoom-capable computer and large screen has be set up in the room across from the omit “the”Campbell Room – room 210. We would love to have you join us. For additional information, call Becky Drahovzal, 859-272-7896 or Jim Drahovzal, 859-433-8680. – https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85358783339?pwd=SmtQemFkVXBXSVFDR3Uvb1crV25vUT09
- Women’s Gathering (Room 210) – Beth Moore’s “Breaking Free” Study led by Becky Edwins
- Young Families (Fellowship Hall) – This class provides fellowship and discussion for parents of pre- and elementary school age children. Discussions are centered on applying biblical principles to a variety of contemporary topics selected by the class.
- Forum Program (Forum Room) – A weekly talk or video presentation about a variety of topics that connect the church with concerns of community and cultural significance. A brief Q&A follows each program. Zoom link is the same for each Sunday.
Meeting ID: 818 1229 7312; Password: 875618
September 26: Dixie Moore – Caring for the Earth
October 3 Video on The Vikings
October 10 Liz Dietrich – Girls on the Run
October 17 Video: Sacred Journeys – 3 Religions, 1 City, Jerusalem
October 24 Jennifer Coffman – Law Enforcement Justice & Accountability (CEJA) Subcommittee of the Commission for Racial Justice and Equality
October 31 (Halloween) Video on Sleep