We are committed to cherishing, nurturing and protecting each child at Second Presbyterian Church and are happy to serve the needs of your children as you worship with us.
Our nursery has:
- A Nursery Handbook detailing our procedures, a copy of which is available upon request.
- Clean, bright and cheerful rooms.
- Child-pleasing decor.
- Plentiful toys, books and play equipment.
Our nursery staff:
- Is well-trained (including CPR certification).
- Follows cleanliness procedures in diaper changing, bottling, serving snacks and routinely cleaning toys.
Sunday nursery ministry has these programs
- Free play
9:30-11:00 Church School and fellowship
- Arts and crafts
- Free play
- Story, songs and games
Regular nursery hours
- Sunday 8:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.: Worship and church school
- Other times: Nursery may be open for other church activities when scheduled in advance
Check in and out
We welcome the children of families attending Second Presbyterian Church. A summary of the procedures we use are as follows:
- Parents or authorized person sign in their child with name, parents name and cell phone number.
- Labeled tote bags brought with your child are hung on one of the pegs by the door. Bottles or snacks brought in the bag needs to be individually labeled with your child’s name.
- Once you have dropped your child off at the nursery, you are asked to stay in the church building.
After checking in, we suggest a quick goodbye. A few tears are normal when a parent leaves little ones. This doesn’t last long if the child attends regularly. If your child has not calmed within 15 minutes, we will text you. If you think your child might have difficulty adjusting to the nursery, please let us know.
Checking on your child
You should feel free to check on your child at any time. Try not to be seen or heard by your child if you think it would upset him or her. Visits by siblings without parents are discouraged.
Pickup and checkout
In picking up your child, please move away from the door to assist with traffic flow. Please pick up your child within 15 minutes of the end of the service/event.
Suggestions for what to bring to the nursery
- A diaper bag with your child’s name outside.